Wednesday, May 24, 2006

this sunday will carry yet another piece by yours truly: a review of the k'la play "tihai" held recently at the commune artists colony. feedback from blogger friends is mandatory on my madeeha syed wala blog :)
thank you all though!

we're wrapping up the magazine in a day or two, which should be good because it leaves me with at least a week's worth of ample time for free lance work and family and friends. already got a coffee date with someone :)

had been working myself to madness this past month. to the point when i didn't have anything to think about. got ten to fifteen more images work, cover story of world music magazine, books to review for books and authors and a restaurant to run. not to mention practise guitar, teach and test my vocals and make sure my voice stays in tune and doesn't self destruct because of a lack of practise.

in fact, im seriously considering getting an ustaad for vocals. its about time.
and i need to learn how to drive. mum's ready to give me her car as long as i'd have practised driving for about a month. which is good because i really really need to.

right. in maintaining my policy of blogging about something real. something me. the raw me.this is it:

been working myself to madness till i didn't have time to breathe properly. slept for 3 hours this morning, stayed up all night. in between, i managed to squeeze in a moment for myself. looked at me in the mirror and asked myself: what are you hiding from?

the freaky thing is, i already knew the answer: me

song in my head at the moment:

"Come speak to me" by Elisa

Come speak to me
Easy like hands on skin
Come speak to me
Easy like sky on earth
We are going to do something
If you come and tell me
How you feel'cause we are gonna work it out
Even if your world's falling apart
Are you gonna do something?
Are you gonna trust me?
Are you gonna take care of what I've been given?
Are you?
Birds are crying for the two of
I can't sleep'cause the moon reminds me of your face
And now I can see sunsets on my homeland
Through your words still alive
Come speak to me
Easy like hands on skin
Do you know why I left?
It's 'cause I was digging into my past
Are you gonna do something?
Are you listening to me?
Are you gonna take care of what I've been givin'?
Are you? Are you?
Birds are crying for the two of us
I can't sleep'cause the moon reminds me of your face
And now I can see sunsets on my homeland
Cause your words are alive for both of us
I can't sleep'cause the moon reminds me of your face
And now I can see sunsets on my homeland
Through your words still alive
The sun keeps telling me stories
(are you listening to me? are you?)
The moon keeps telling me stories
(are you gonna take care of what I've been givin'?)
Birds are crying for the two of us
I can't sleep'cause the moon reminds me of your face
Now I can see sunsets on my homeland
Cause your words are alive for both of us
I can't sleep'cause the moon reminds me of your face
And now I can see sunsets on my homeland
Cause your words are alive
Come speak to me
Come speak to me
Come speak to me
Come speak to me
Come speak to me
Come speak to me
Now come speak to me
Come speak to me

*lyrics courtesy: www.lyricsfreak.com

2 comments:

mayya said...

AHHH! in between it all say a little prayer I become as busy as you are soon :)
whats with the restaurant running thing?
and since the issue before the last, I make it a point to read every authors name in images ;)

vintage said...

there is a family restaurant, i help run. look over the marketing, pr, aesthetics aspect off.

and i'm always praying for u!

:)