Thursday, December 07, 2006

smooth

“...and she is now one of our most regular customers”, announced mum this morning.

Wow.

The woman who fainted at Déjà vu on Halloween’s day, whose husband made a big deal out of it resulting in the couple getting a free meal, is now one of the most ardent Déjà vu-goers there is. Wow again.

When I arrived at Déjà vu on that fateful Halloween night, the couple were just about to dig into their (free) meal. I went to them, apologised for the scare she'd gotten, yes we should've put a sign outside that we were celebrating Halloween etc. and yes, a lot of people don’t even know what Halloween is etc. sat, talked, reassured and left them smiling and saw to it that they remained comfortable.

And voila! We have a loyal customer. A ‘regular’.

*sniff*

I am touched.

This means much (much) more then the ones who come just once for the heck of it. It’s like discovering you have another family member.

There is so much going on right now it's not even funny. Other then my Spider deadlines, of which somehow, I am feeling no stress, there is the Karafilm Fest, there are my exams for which I haven't studied much. And then there is Déjà vu and everything I have planned for it. Which, if everything goes well, will be what a cafe should be: a hub of cultural activity.

I can’t wait for tomorrow*!

*tomorrow is being used in place of "the future"